Re: Bumping epoch and reusing package name "elisa"

Michael Biebl wrote...

> Am 24.09.18 um 16:24 schrieb Sean Whitton:
>
> > Aurélien can use his judgement, but I'd advise against this -- it has
> > the potential to make upstream less happy about their software being
> > included in Debian.
>
> I don't understand. Can you elaborate why you think making upstream
> aware of this situation will make them unhappy?

For me this concern is about asking upstream for a change that is caused
by something more or less Debian-internal - although other distributions
might have that issue as well. So it should rather be handled inside
Debian.

And I subscribe to that position.

    Christoph