Re: RFR: email about regressions [was: Dealing with ci.d.n for package regressions]

Hi all,

On 06-05-18 20:55, Paul Gevers wrote:
> On 06-05-18 07:27, Paul Gevers wrote:
>>> But, anyway, thanks for your effort, but it obviously doesn't scale to
>>> have the central infrastructure team triage things.  How easy would it
>>> be to have the CI automatically send an email to the maintainers of
>>> the rdependency and the dependency ?
>>
>> I have already created multiple personal scripts to parse excuses.yaml
>> and store state on regressions, so this is trivial. However, people have
>> voiced their concerns about auto creation of bugs. I estimate that a
>> plain email for now is acceptable. I think I'll ask about converting the
>> email to a bug I guess. I'll create a cronjob that does this soon,
>> putting myself in CC to follow the discussion as it would actually
>> reduce my work for now.
>
> Please find a proposed text for such an e-mail below. Comments or
> improvements very welcome.
>
> Paul

> To: $trigger@packages.debian.org, $broken@packages.debian.org

I have had a complaint about my e-mail, boiling down to it should be
opt-in. I am not fully convinced (as I fear too many package maintainers
will miss the fact their autopkgtest delays another package, but I want
to start sending the e-mails to
dispatch+$package_contact@tracker.debian.org. How does that sound? Are
there other/better options?

Paul