Re: RFR: email about regressions [was: Dealing with ci.d.n for package regressions]

Hi Paul,

On Wed, 23 May 2018, Paul Gevers wrote:
> I have had a complaint about my e-mail, boiling down to it should be
> opt-in. I am not fully convinced (as I fear too many package maintainers
> will miss the fact their autopkgtest delays another package, but I want
> to start sending the e-mails to
> dispatch+$package_contact@tracker.debian.org. How does that sound? Are
> there other/better options?

As pointed out by other, this is certainly not better. I have to agree
with you that this should not be opt-in.

My suggestion would be to add special headers and document them so that
the mails are easy to filter out. But please continue to send them to all
maintainers, get a clear ack from the release team so that you can point
those who complain to that official statement.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer