Re: my package was fixed by someone else and i dont like that

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 08:38:52PM +0300, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> You could make the point that he should have posted to debian-private
> instead of debian-devel.

Rolf is a DM, so he cannot read debian-private and he might not even
know it exists.

> In any case naming the people who did this is required,

sure, but not in the subject....

> and IMHO the package hijack is a much worse offense than
> naming the offenders in an email subject.

you kick me in the face and then i can kick you in the belly, because
that's less bad?

> > 2nd, Athos' upload didnt remove you from uploaders, so "hijacked" is the
> > wrong word as well.
> Changing the Maintainer: field without any previous attempt to
> contact the maintainer makes it a clear hijack.

only if you differate being listed in the maintainers: or uploaders:
field. *I* wouldnt care about such a distinction.

> > 3rd, why oh why did you reintroduce fixed bugs like 876571? (I'd
> > understand if you just reverted everything the next day but 3 weeks
> > after their upload the urgency is gone...)
> At what time does a victim notice that their package was hijacked?

please put "victim" in quotes, noone got harmed here.

and to still answer: Rolf was kept in the uploaders: field, so he was
informed, so your argument is moot.

check https://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian/20180324T213403Z/pool/main/g/gjots2/gjots2_2.4.1-3.dsc

> You are publicly blaming the victim.

"victim". you are publicically demoting real victims here.

> Do you have any proof that the victim was actually notified in any
> way at the time of the hijack?

no, I don't monitor Rolf's incoming email that well.

--
cheers,
	Holger