Re: Completed: lists.alioth.debian.org migration

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 10:39:22PM +0200, Christoph Biedl wrote:
> A few questions, though (asking for a friend, of course). It might have
> been mentioned before but I have missed it then.
>
> What is the long-term plan for this service? Indefinitely, or are users
> kindly asked to move away from these addresses when convenient? In the
> latter case lintian should emit according hints since even then this
> might take several years.

We committed to supporting it for 1-2 release cycles. Speaking for myself,
I plan to take a step back after the dust has settled and we see how
running the service works out before setting a firm timeline.

> Also, @lists.alioth.debian.org addresses that were *not* migrated now
> result in bounces as expected. Are there already plans for a MBF
> severity RC against all packages with a now-failing maintainer address?
> This might become rather messy, I've counted some 1450 packages.

I wasn't planning this work. I must admit that I did not check the numbers
but I am surprised it is so high. Can you share the results of
that analysis? It would be interesting to see what the distribution of
packages to lists is.

Thanks,
Dominic.