Re: my package was fixed by someone else and i dont like that

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 12:43:57PM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Rolf,
>
> first of all, you immediatly lost your argument by putting peoples name
> in the subject of a mail to debian-devel. This is really bad style
> (called fingerpointing) and I wish you hadn't done this. Based on this
> behaviour alone, I wouldnt recommend *you* becoming a DD or DM, at least
> not now.

You could make the point that he should have posted to debian-private
instead of debian-devel.

In any case naming the people who did this is required,
and IMHO the package hijack is a much worse offense than
naming the offenders in an email subject.

> 2nd, Athos' upload didnt remove you from uploaders, so "hijacked" is the
> wrong word as well.

Changing the Maintainer: field without any previous attempt to
contact the maintainer makes it a clear hijack.

> 3rd, why oh why did you reintroduce fixed bugs like 876571? (I'd
> understand if you just reverted everything the next day but 3 weeks
> after their upload the urgency is gone...)

At what time does a victim notice that their package was hijacked?

You are publicly blaming the victim.

Do you have any proof that the victim was actually notified in any
way at the time of the hijack?

> cheers,
> 	Holger

cu