Re: How to enable testing migration for packages Architecture: all but depending from Architecture: any packages [and 2 more messages]

Hi Niels,

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 04:27:00PM +0000, Niels Thykier wrote:

> > That would be a Britney bug, therefore file it against relase.debian.org
> > and usertag it with 'britney'.
> >
> > In that case, I'd rather keep listing all the broken architectures, but
> > explicitly mark those allowed to break as such.
> >

> For the record; It is a known issue documented on
> https://www.debian.org/devel/testing.en.html

Thanks for the pointer.

> Quote:
> > "Why is it sometimes hard to get Architecture: all packages into "testing"?"
> >
> > If the Architecture: all package is to be installed, it must be possible to satisfy its dependencies on all architectures. If it depends on certain packages which only compile on a limited set of Debian's architectures, then it can't do that.
> >
> > However, for the time being, "testing" will ignore Architecture: all packages' installability on non-i386 architectures. ("It's a gross hack and I'm not really happy to have made it, but there you go." —aj)

Could you please add something.

  To enable the migration even if either amd64 or i386 architecture
  is missing for one of the dependencies please

     [ ] file a bug against release.debian.org
     [ ] send an e-mail to debian-release.debian.org

(whatever might be prefered).

Thanks to all members of the release team

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de