Re: How to enable testing migration for packages Architecture: all but depending from Architecture: any packages

Hi Mattia,

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 10:53:26AM +0200, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 10:19:25AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > its not the first time that I'm running into that problem:  A package
> > that is Architecture: all depends from packages Architecture: any.
> > These dependencies are not available on all architectures and thus the
> > package does not migrate to testing.  The package paleomix is an example
> > for this[1].
>
> Indeed it happened already to you (or anyway, to -science and/or -med
> packages)
> It's not "not available on all architectures" but "not available on
> amd64 and i386", and it's a detail configured in britney:
> https://anonscm.debian.org/git/mirror/britney2.git/tree/britney.conf#n35

Ahh, OK.

> > by manual intervention of ftpmaster.  I'm just wondering whether we
> > could find a better clue than forcing people to do manual intervention.
>
> ftpmasters (as usual) have nothing to do with testing migration.
> As usual, you will need to contact the release team and ask them to
> force your package into testing.

Sorry, I messed this up.  You are correct I've asked release team.

> > While simply setting the Architecture: all package to any that
> > intervention would not be necessary but that's simply wrong.
> > Unfortunately I currently see no better solution and wanted to bring
> > this topic up here.
>
> Why mailing the release team asking for a one-shot 'force' hint would be
> bad?

Its not bad in principle.

> It has already been done multiple times without any complaint…

Please do not consider my mail as complain.  I was just wondering why I
should trigger manual interaction if there might be a potential
automatic solution.  If the consensus would be:  Just send an e-mail
to debian-release@lists.debian.org I'll simply do so.

Kind regards

    Andreas.

--