Re: Updating the Maintainer field in preparation for Alioth's shutdown?

Hi Raphael,

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 02:10:30PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Jan 2018, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
> > 3. If a team manages to get a lists.debian.org address, it's
> > recommended that they switch the Maintainer fields in their packages
> > from the Alioth list address to that address, right?
>
> It depends on your choice. But I would not recommend this. I would largely
> prefer if teams relied on tracker.debian.org to get all the automated
> mails, that way lists on lists.debian.org contain only generic
> discussions.

A mailing list is not just helpful to distribute e-mails to certain
people.  The mail archive feature is a very valuable thing to refer to
previous mails which as far as I understand is not provided by
tracker.d.o.  That's why I do not consider tracker.d.o as a full
replacement.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--