Re: Updating the Maintainer field in preparation for Alioth's shutdown?

On Fri, 16 Feb 2018 14:10:30 +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 19 Jan 2018, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
>> 3. If a team manages to get a lists.debian.org address, it's
>> recommended that they switch the Maintainer fields in their packages
>> from the Alioth list address to that address, right?
>
> It depends on your choice. But I would not recommend this. I would
> largely prefer if teams relied on tracker.debian.org to get all the
> automated mails, that way lists on lists.debian.org contain only generic
> discussions.

One problem with this solution[1] is that the usual way to reach out to
the maintainer is via the mail listed in the Maintainer field. Suppose we
have the debian-multimedia@l.d.o list for discussion, and we started
using team+debian-multimedia@t.d.o as Maintainer: address. How is a
random user supposed to find debian-multimedia@l.d.o ?

[1] Even if we assume the tracker gains the ability to forward mails to
the team members.