Re: Debian part of a version number when epoch is bumped

On 2018-02-09 13:01, Ian Jackson wrote:
Basically, `:' is annoying in filenames.  Encoding it would have been
possible but we don't encode anything else.  And I think a rule
against reusing the same upstream version with a different epoch is
entirely sensible, anyway.

You say upstream version. But I'd say that rollbacks are exactly that: reuse of a different epoch with the same upstream version. Like what happened to imagemagick multiple times.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern