Re: Proposed change of offensive packages to -offensive

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 11:23:12AM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 08:49:11AM +0000, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
This is about standardising the label we use for marking offensive content,
not about defining what is or isn't offensive. I'd argue that
"-offensive" suffix proposal was a technical term.

so you're proposing to add this technical suffix to all bible and php
packages? and emacs of course.

No; I'm proposing we document in policy what is currently already
happening (some people have already added -off suffixes to packages they
think are offensive) so that if anyone else chooses to do the same, we
are at least consistent. (Modulo using -offensive instead of -off which
is just too ambiguous).

once you are using this label you *are* defining offensive.

You need to take this up with the package maintainers who are already
doing this.

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland