Re: Proposed change of offensive packages to -offensive

Holger Levsen writes ("Re: Proposed change of offensive packages to -offensive"):
> On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 08:49:11AM +0000, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> > This is about standardising the label we use for marking offensive content,
> > not about defining what is or isn't offensive. I'd argue that
> > "-offensive" suffix proposal was a technical term.
>
> so you're proposing to add this technical suffix to all bible and php
> packages? and emacs of course.

No, we are proposing that _if_ the maintainer of the bible packages
wishes to mark some or all of the bible as offensive, they should name
the package "bible-kjv-offensive" rather thatn "bible-kjv-off" or
"bible-kjv-heresy" or something.

> once you are using this label you *are* defining offensive.

It would be the maintainer who decides what is offensive.

Ian.