Re: Alioth: the future of mailing lists

On Tue, 19 Sep 2017, Holger Levsen wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 09:43:46AM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> > How high are the requirements (CPU-, Memory) wise? I guess that one of
> > those 5 Euros a month VPSses with 50 Gig Disk and 8 GB RAM would not
> > be enough?
> [...]
> > I don't see running the Mailing list server the biggest challenge.
> > Providing an acceptable spam filter is.
>
> the other big challenge is to provide something that lasts "forever". I trust
> DSA with that, I'm not so sure I want to trust "random people" using some
> cheap VPSes for that…

Only, I don't think DSA wants to be stuck with yet another service that
DSA has to run "forever".

If there are people who want to run a new service (and it is a new
service), we would need a plan from them how they imagine the service is
to be run, how it integrates in our environment, and how the team thinks
they will manage things without superuser privileges.

--
                            |  .''`.       ** Debian **
      Peter Palfrader       | : :' :      The  universal
 https://www.palfrader.org/ | `. `'      Operating System