Re: Whether remotely running software is considered "software" for Debian.

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 06:58:50AM +0000, Dr. Bas Wijnen wrote:
> > > Let me put it differently then: for me, one of the major benefits of Debian
> > > over (most of) our derivatives is that I can set the system up in a way that
> > > allows me to live in a free software bubble.
> > So you don't update the non-free software in your CPU?
> I suppose so.  Are you saying that a Debian system where only main is enabled
> is unsafe?
Not only that, but also "free software purists often don't understand the
current world".
And it looks like all your hardware has its non-free software installed on
the board and thus not required to be downloaded from Debian non-free.

> If that is correct, it is a huge problem that that is the default setup
> we ship, don't you think?
It is, but solving it most likely means actually violating Debian
principles, unlike things you are complaining about.

--
WBR, wRAR