Re: building a debian kernel package(s) for a foreign architecture

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 11:35 PM, Jonathan Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've never done much in the way of cross-compiling before. I understand it
> was once very hard, is now much easier, and is considerably easier for
> "simple" packages (including the kernel) than others.
>
> That said, I'm lost/stuck trying to cross-compile the Debian Linux kernel
> package for ARM64 (target is a Raspberry Pi 3) from an amd64 builder. I
> believe
> I do not need to use multiarch for my builder, yet dpkg-buildpackage (if I
> supply -a aarch64, interestingly ARM64 doesn't work) complains of unmet
> build
> dependencies, which I have resolved for amd64.  But perhaps -a to
> dpkg-buildpackage is the wrong approach.
>
> Can someone please point me to the relevant idiot's guide?

I ever created one:
- https://wiki.debian.org/HowToCrossBuildAnOfficialDebianKernelPackage

Hope it helps you.
And if you find something not current and need modify, please just edit it.
Thank you!

Cheers,
--
Roger Shimizu, GMT +9 Tokyo