Re: When do we update the homepage to a modern design? (was Re: Moving away from (unsupportable) FusionForge on Alioth)

[loads of bikeshedding and grandstanding]

So this thread is a shitshow.

Has anyone thought about taking the website (or really, anything we put
out), going and talking with **our users** and see what they have to
say? What they think of the site? Record them finding and creating an
install medium?

I, frankly, don't even pretend to care what our developer community
thinks of the site -- the site isn't just for you.

Until someone comes back with data on what things are easy, what things
are hard, and large enough sample sizes covering an *accurate* slice of
our userbase, I don't care about what anyone on this thread says.

   Paul