Re: Moving away from (unsupportable) FusionForge on Alioth?

Hi Tzafir,

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 06:04:09AM +0200, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> > > The top 10 teams with packages in SVN are:
> > >
> > >     347 Debian Med Packaging Team <debian-med-packaging@lists.alioth.debian.org>
> >
> > This number contains possibly 150 packages that *could* be migrated -
> > provided somebody wants to take the time for some unproductive work.
> > However, we intentionally do packaging of new R CRAN packages in SVN
> > since in this case packaging is brain dead simple and we keep only the
> > debian/ dir and not the upstream source in VCS.  This is a sensible and
> > established workflow and currently there is no short term plan to change
> > this.
>
> Just an obvious question: have you looked into
>
>   gbp buildpackage --git-export

I wonder in how far is the question obvious when I tried to explain that
I do not see a good reason to spent time into a migration from SVN to
Git.  I have converted lots of packages where I had good reasons.

I admit that it would be a good reason if the project would decide to
support Git exclusively - but I for myself do not see any reason to
drive this decision.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--