Re: init system agnosticism [WAS: how to remove libsystemd0 from a live-running debian desktop system]

]] Vincent Danjean

>   For me, the first argument explain in the first mail is not this
> one. systemd is not portable on lots of system (hurd, kFreeBSD, ...),
> upstream systemd is not interested in making its code portable, nor to
> stabilize its interfaces so that other system init can easily
> implement them, [...]

While it's correct that systemd isn't catering to portability, large
chunks of it is covered by the interface stability promise (see the
table on
https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/InterfacePortabilityAndStabilityChart/)
so other init systems are free to implement them if they so want.

--
Tollef Fog Heen