Re: "Ask HN: What do you want to see in Ubuntu 17.10?"

On Apr 05 2017, Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
> Florian Lohoff writes ("Re: "Ask HN: What do you want to see in Ubuntu 17.10?""):
>> On Wed, Apr 05, 2017 at 02:56:04PM +1000, Russell Stuart wrote:
>> > As far as I can tell, for laptop's rebooting is a non-issue mainly
>> > because suspend is not reliable enough to use safely [0] - so they are
>> > rebooted every day.  Ergo just fixing bug #744753 would be the cure if
>> > it is indeed the problem - but it doesn't sound like it to me as this
>> > isn't a suspend issue.
>>
>> I have a very different perception
>
> Me too.  I guess it depends very much on whether one can afford to buy
> a good laptop which works well with Linux.

I think there's a pre-requisite that's much harder for a lot of people:
finding out what laptop works well with Linux. This is the stage where I
have repeatedly failed - the differences in model numbers are just too
tiny and subtle, and typically things that work well are no longer sold
commercially.

Best,
-Nikolaus

--
GPG Fingerprint: ED31 791B 2C5C 1613 AF38 8B8A D113 FCAC 3C4E 599F