Re: "Ask HN: What do you want to see in Ubuntu 17.10?"

Hello Paul,

On Tue, Apr 04, 2017 at 08:10:44AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 6:58 AM, Sean Whitton wrote:
>
> > Fixing #744753 would ensure systems got the updates.
> > The only issue then is restarting the applications.
>
> needrestart and needrestart-session handles that. There are also many
> other implementations but needrestart seems to be the most complete
> solution right now.

Do you know if anyone is working on including this in the default
desktop install?  If it works well, it seems like an uncontroversial
inclusion that does not depend on the debate over unattended-upgrades.
I don't know which package would need to be changed, so I'm not sure
where to look for an existing wishlist bug.

--
Sean Whitton