Re: pro-tip: preinstall debhelper in your sbuild

2017-03-24 16:18:10 CET Adam Borowski:
> On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 07:30:55PM +0500, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 03:25:59PM +0100, Adam Borowski wrote:
> > > autoremove will still usually catch this.
> >
> > I'm not sure about this. Looks like it keeps Recommends or something. Or
> > it's a bug.
>
> I'd say that apt autoremove keeping Recommends even when called with
> --no-install-recommends is a reasonable behaviour.  Same for
> Priority:important or Important:yes packages.  The sbuild case is quite
> special.
>
> The functionality to keep a system squeaky clean would probably be better in
> debfoster, but alas, it's effectively unmaintained.

These apt settings keep my systems clean and I guess they would also help
build chroots:

Apt::AutoRemove::RecommendsImportant "false";
Apt::AutoRemove::SuggestsImportant "false";
Apt::Install-Recommends "false";
Apt::Install-Suggests "false";

Sometimes I even do:

# aptitude purge '~i ~M !~E !~R~i !~Rpredepends:~i'

to remove old kernels, gcc-*-base, etc.