Re: Help requested: Packages which FTBFS randomly

On Thu, 23 Feb 2017 at 10:02:55 -0800, Nikolaus Rath wrote:
> Yes, but last time I checked a "apt-get source && debuild -us -uc" still
> defaults to using just a single CPU unless you explicitly set
> DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=parallel.

Check again - dpkg-buildpackage now defaults to -Jauto
(it sets DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=parallel=n where n is the detected number of
CPUs), on the basis that every Debian buildd already seems to set
parallel >= 2, so any package that fails to build in that situation is
already effectively unreleasable. (#842845)

If you maintain packages where this can't work, use dh --no-parallel
or put .NOPARALLEL: in your Makefile.