Re: Help requested: Packages which FTBFS randomly

On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 09:59:29PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> My advice would be to avoid asking the TC such general questions.

My advice too.

> There are two sensible questions:
>
>  * Should the following bugs be RC ?
>     [ list of 20 bugs or whatever ]

with a list of 20 bugs I dont think it's sensible. With one, yes, sure. With
two, probably…

>  * I proposed the following patch to policy.

I haven't seen this yet, or rather I haven't heard that this was done yet.

>    Despite it being
>    seconded,

So this has neither happened…

>    the policy editors have not responded to my request
>    to amend policy. [or whatever]

… so this neither…

>      + A FTBFS bug is still RC even if:
>      + it doesn't happens on buildd.debian.net;
>      + it only happens randomly;
>      + it only happens on machines with one (virtual) cpu core.

while I do agree that these are *not* good criterias to justify
whether something is *not* RC, I fear there are bugs for which this is true,
however the justification why they are not RC is different.

And this is why patches to policy are hard :)

--
cheers,
	Holger