What is exactly the "canonical URI" for Vcs-{Git,Browser}?

Hello all,

I want to make sure what is the canonical URI for Vcs-Git and Vcs-Browser used
in git-managed packages.

I have seen lots of examples. Here is my understanding so far:

# Anything not using "anonscm.debian.org" (e.g., git.debian.org) domain is not
canonical

# This one looks obsoleted; I heard that git protocol is no longer recommended
Vcs-Git: git://anonscm.debian.org/pkg-foo/bar.git

# I heard that this one is obsoleted too; QUERY_STRING looks ugly.
Vcs-Browser: http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-foo/bar.git

# This one seem acceptable
Vcs-Git: https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-foo/bar.git

# This one seems acceptable, too
Vcs-Browser: https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-foo/bar.git

# This one is also acceptable
Vcs-Git: https://anonscm.debian.org/git/pkg-foo/bar.git

# And this one
Vcs-Browser: https://anonscm.debian.org/git/pkg-foo/bar.git

So here are my questions:

1. Is my understanding correct?

2. Lintian has a tag "vcs-field-not-canonical" [0] which referred one previous
email [1]. However, I couldn't find anything about the "cgit" word.

My thought is that we may not stick with cgit forever (for example, someone is
pushing GitLab AFAIK). Why not just replace "cgit" with "git"? Then we won't
need to change the uri if we are to move away from cgit.

3. Could we write such rules somewhere? I couldn't find any document on the
Internet besides [0] and [1].

[0] https://lintian.debian.org/tags/vcs-field-not-canonical.html
[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2011/05/msg00009.html

--