Bug#851940: ITP: certspotter -- Certificate Transparency Log Monitor
Owner: Faidon Liambotis <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Package name : certspotter
Version : 0.2
Upstream Author : Opsmate, Inc.
* URL : https://github.com/SSLMate/certspotter
* License : MPL-2.0
Programming Lang: Go
Description : Certificate Transparency Log Monitor
Cert Spotter is a Certificate Transparency log monitor from SSLMate that
alerts you when a SSL/TLS certificate is issued for one of your domains.
Cert Spotter is easier than other open source CT monitors, since it does
not require a database. It's also more robust, since it uses a special
certificate parser that ensures it won't miss certificates.
Cert Spotter is also available as a hosted service by SSLMate that
requires zero setup and provides an easy web dashboard to centrally
manage your certificates. Visit <https://sslmate.com/certspotter>
to sign up.
You can use Cert Spotter to detect:
* Certificates issued to attackers who have compromised a certificate
authority and want to impersonate your site.
* Certificates issued to attackers who are using your infrastructure
to serve malware.
* Certificates issued in violation of your corporate policy
or outside of your centralized certificate procurement process.
* Certificates issued to your infrastructure providers without your
I intend to maintain this under pkg-go. Andrew Ayer (Cc'ed) is the
upstream author and also a DM (Andrew, if you want to maintain this
instead, happy to take a step back).