Re: manpages.debian.org has been modernized!

Michael Stapelberg writes ("Re: manpages.debian.org has been modernized!"):
> On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 4:46 PM, Ian Jackson
> > AFAICT this program is not packaged for Debian.
>
> The program is packaged for Debian:
> https://packages.debian.org/stretch/mandoc. I have uploaded a backport
> which is currently pending in NEW.

Oh it's mandoc.  OK, sorry for misreading the web page.

Are you using the backport on the manpages.d.o server, then ?

> > (Are you using a version of mdocml running out of a git tree, or
> > what?  Are there other unpackaged dependencies?)
>
> I am using a slightly patched version indeed. The patch will be sent
> upstream within the next few days.

The source for this patched version is in only available in NEW ?
(Ie only to DDs ?)

You see, I find this kind of chasing tiresome - whether I'm the user,
or the service operator.  I expect you do too.  Of course you're
probably hoping not to need to patch mandoc again.

How did you deploy the patched mandoc ?  I want to know this so I can
know how the source code can be automatically found and published.

Ian.