Re: how to mount /(dev|run)/shm properly? (was Re: Auto reject if autopkgtest of reverse dependencies fail or cause FTBFS)

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 12:51:51AM +0000, Simon McVittie wrote:

> If I understand correctly, the objection was to how sysvinit behaves
> (for which I have now opened #851427) - it puts the symlink at /dev/shm and
> the real mount at /run/shm.

That is the correct approach, and IIRC this is how it was implemented in
sysvinit before jessie (/dev/shm is way older than /run), so I'm wondering
what triggered the change.

   Simon