how to mount /(dev|run)/shm properly? (was Re: Auto reject if autopkgtest of reverse dependencies fail or cause FTBFS)

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 02:38:28PM +0100, Ondrej Novy wrote:
> just be carefull, because there are some packages which FTBFS in debci
> (example:
> https://tests.reproducible-builds.org/debian/rb-pkg/unstable/amd64/swift.html
> )
> and it's bug in debci. Build works fine in buildd and in my local sbuild.

while this is not related to debci, it brings up an interesting
question:

how should /dev/shm be mounted? and how /run/shm?

i'm interesting in this question for Debian stable with 3.16 and 4.6-4-9
kernels and ubuntu 16.04 running 4.4 kernels…

--
cheers,
	Holger