Re: "not authorised" doing various desktoppy things

Martín Ferrari writes ("Re: "not authorised" doing various desktoppy things"):
> On 03/01/17 17:05, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > Recently, my nm-applet can no longer control my network-manager
> > daemon.  I get a message saying[1]:
>
> Did you ever get to the root of this?

No.  I have been too busy dealing with bugs in my own packages.  I
lost an awful lot of time to the dgit corrupted commits bug :-/ and am
now very behind on almsot everything.

> I am having the same kind of problem (no way to control networking,
> removable media, power settings) and a similar set-up (sysvinit,
> lightdm, cinnamon). I have been experiencing these kind of problems for
> months, but usually they would go away after an apt-get upgrade. Not
> now, and I am afraid that we will ship stretch with this problem.

Indeed.  I may get some time tomorrow to look at this properly, but
please don't wait for me.

Ian.