Re: Migration despite an RC bug?

On Tue, 03 Jan 2017, Niels Thykier wrote:
> An exception in my experience: In process is cheaper when the
> (de)compressor is available in the PerlIO Layer as native C code.
> Notable example being libperlio-gzip-perl where you use "open(my $fd,
> '<:gzip', $file)".
>   At least that was the case when I benchmarked on Lintian in 2.5.10 (2
> releases ago).

Neat. I'd love a perlio layer which enabled me to do something like:

  open($fh,'<:anyuncompress:encoding(UTF-8)',$file) [...]

too, as the archive has moved away from gzip to xz.

--
Don Armstrong                      https://www.donarmstrong.com

life's not a paragraph
And death i think is no parenthesis