Re: Debian does not have customers, but users

On Sat, 2016-09-17 at 13:11 +0200, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
On 2016-09-16 21:26, Nicholas D Steeves wrote:
What about the term client? ;-)
What about the term "users"? (We use the word already in our social contract and IMHO it serves us well.)
I see that most people are interested in the discussion for the sake of discussion. I still received only 1 mail relevant: use strace to debug your problem!

you can call it users, I call it customers or public or what ever! If you don't care about users then you will loose them and you be very happy to be anonymous project between billions on the web.

When I started using Debian it was because it was a project caring about quality. "We release when we are ready!" was the slogan. Meaning no time frame but quality!
Today Users say I can't use your SW anymore because it is freezing and you say we don't sell anything, we don't care.

I'll stop talking on this thread. I'll only add comment to the bug report whenever I have more related information to report. You can close it or ignore it. But be sure if you continue doing that and disappointing users, you will end being a community of geeks developing SW for themselves only. It is no more Debian and the biggest OS project, it will be an unknown project with big history showing how we can touch the summit and then fall down!

Sorry for that, you can answer or not, I'm not going to read this anymore.
--
Cheers, Abou Al Montacir