Re: removal instead of orphaning?

On Sun, 2016-09-18 at 11:45 +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Sep 2016 10:10:14 +0800, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> >With the BTS version tracking feature, acking NMUs is no longer needed
> >as the BTS tracks changelog heritage IIRC, so I'd not mention that in
> >the description.
>
> So when I do the first upload after an NMU all bugs that the BTS has
> as "fixed in NMU" get changed to "closed"?

"Fixed in NMU" has not been a distinct state for several years, since
the introduction of BTS version tracking. The NMU upload simply marks
the bugs as closed in the version of that upload, the same as it would
for any other upload.

If your next maintainer upload includes the changelog stanza for the NMU
in its changelog then the BTS will automatically know that your upload
includes those fixes, without your mentioning them in your own stanza
for your upload.

Regards,

Adam