Re: Specification of FTP upload queue management commands

On 29/12/16 20:49, Ben Finney wrote:
> Afif Elghraoui <afif@debian.org> writes:
>
>> Hi, Ben,
>
> Thanks for the feedback. One specific suggestion appears to already have
> a bug report; I'm redirecting this sub-thread there.
>
>> على الثلاثاء 27 كانون الأول 2016 ‫20:31، كتب Ben Finney:
>>> The ‘dput-ng’ package is one alternative that is sometimes suggested
>>> when people hit the limits in ‘dput’. I am not a user of ‘dput-ng’
>>> or other alternatives, so am also seeking feedback from people who
>>> have informed positions on choosing one over the other.
>>
>> I always have to use dput-ng in order to be able to use the dcut dm
>> […] command and grant DMs upload permissions.
>
> There is not ‘dm’ command is not mentioned at the upload queue Read Me
> document <URL:ftp://ftp.upload.debian.org/pub/UploadQueue/README>.
>
> As best I can tell, that document is the specification for queue
> manipulation commands. What am I missing?

Those are the queued commands.

>> So as far as I'm concerned, if the dput package had a dcut that supports
>> the dm subcommand, I'd be very happy.
>
> Where is the canonical specification of the commands accepted by ‘dak’?

See gregor's link, or read the source:

https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/mirror/dak.git/tree/daklib/command.py

> Should ‘dcut’ support only one of those specifications, or should it be
> attempting to support the ‘…/UploadQueue/README’ commands as well?

It should surely support the queued commands, so that you can remove a bad
upload, reschedule a delayed upload, etc.

Whether it's dput's job to support dak commands or that belongs to a different
tool is up to you. But maybe you should support it just to stop losing users to
dput-ng :P

Cheers,
Emilio