Specification of FTP upload queue management commands

Afif Elghraoui <afif@debian.org> writes:

> Hi, Ben,

Thanks for the feedback. One specific suggestion appears to already have
a bug report; I'm redirecting this sub-thread there.

> على الثلاثاء 27 كانون الأول 2016 ‫20:31، كتب Ben Finney:
> > The ‘dput-ng’ package is one alternative that is sometimes suggested
> > when people hit the limits in ‘dput’. I am not a user of ‘dput-ng’
> > or other alternatives, so am also seeking feedback from people who
> > have informed positions on choosing one over the other.
>
> I always have to use dput-ng in order to be able to use the dcut dm
> […] command and grant DMs upload permissions.

There is not ‘dm’ command is not mentioned at the upload queue Read Me
document <URL:ftp://ftp.upload.debian.org/pub/UploadQueue/README>.

As best I can tell, that document is the specification for queue
manipulation commands. What am I missing?

> So as far as I'm concerned, if the dput package had a dcut that supports
> the dm subcommand, I'd be very happy.

Where is the canonical specification of the commands accepted by ‘dak’?

Should ‘dcut’ support only one of those specifications, or should it be
attempting to support the ‘…/UploadQueue/README’ commands as well?

--
 \     “For myself, I am an optimist — it does not seem to be much use |
  `\              being anything else.” —Winston Churchill, 1954-11-09 |