Re: Migration despite an RC bug?

On 29/12/16 23:36, Christoph Biedl wrote:
> Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote...
>
>> Unforunately, the BTS exported a broken/incomplete RC bug list, and britney used
>> that and didn't see that some packages had an RC bug, so it allowed them to migrate.
>
> Ouch, that's quite a nightmare. While I'm curious to learn how this
> happened and what is done to prevent this from happening again -

I don't know what will happen in the BTS side to avoid this in the future - but
we'll add a check on the britney side to abort if the RC bug list looks
suspiciously small.

> please rather focus on restoring the correct state. Installations
> running testing already might have got packages they shouldn't see.

We thought about rolling back to the previous state, but that means testing
users who have already upgraded would need to manually downgrade... which is not
good.

So we may just wait for the auto-removal hinter to do its job for
non-key-packages, and for the rest to be fixed or manually downgraded, or
whatever other solution...

Cheers,
Emilio