Re: dput: Call for feedback: What should change? What should stay the same?

Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> writes:

> I have never managed to work out how to use dcut […] in fewer than
> five tries each time I've needed to use it. I'm not sure what it is
> with that command, but I find it completely baffling to use correctly.

This should be addressed by, at least, improving the ‘dcut(1)’ manual
page so that it properly describes how to use the existing interface.
I have reported bug#849687 for this.

A broader discussion can be had on changing the ‘dcut’ interface; I
leave that as an exercise for the future. Suggestions are welcome
though.

--
 \      “In case of fire, do your utmost to alarm the porter.” —hotel, |
  `\                                                            Vienna |