Re: dput: Call for feedback: What should change? What should stay the same?

Hi there,

On 12/28/2016 06:18 AM, Afif Elghraoui wrote:
> but the dput
> command from dput-ng does some spurious checks that fail and I've never
> found worth the time to investigate.

I only use dput-ng, but because of the extra checks that has already
saved me from performing a wrong upload; the check in question is that
the Distribution: field in the *.changes file matches the distribution
in debian/changelog.

I don't know which checks in dput-ng fail for you (for uploads that
were OK dput-ng always worked for me), but the plausibility checks are
a large reason why I really wouldn't want to switch to dput at the
current time.

Also, I remember vaguely that when I first started uploading, dput
didn't support a specific setting in dputrc that dput-ng did (I don't
remember which one though), so I never actually used dput because of
that. (Sorry, but it's been a while and I really don't remember what
precisely that was, and maybe that has already been fixed in the mean
time.)

That said: I personally don't really care about the underlying
implementation - so I'll just use the one which I consider to be
better - and at the moment that would be dput-ng, but that could
easily change.

Regards,
Christian