Can we kill net-tools, please?

ifconfig, route, etc...

Recently the net-tools maintainer has forked the abandoned net-tools
code base and started developing it again, after 15 years of stasis.

As a design choice he has changed the output of most commands, hence
breaking many scripts parsing their output.

With this post I want to encourage fellow maintainers to stop depending
on net-tools, which is obsolete software and has been replaced long ago
by iproute.
Can we stop shipping two network configuration CLI tools in the default
install?
net-tools has long been deprecated and should not have important
priority, for a start.

--
ciao,
Marco