Re: missing -dbgsym packages on uploads by maintainer(s)

Hi,

Quoting Mattia Rizzolo (2016-11-13 11:48:02)
> On Sun, Nov 13, 2016 at 10:44:34AM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > if the only valid usecase of binary uploads is bootstraping an arch (which
> > I'm not sure is the only valid use case, but I cannot come up with another
> > right now…), I think we shouldnt allow individual maintainers to overwrite
> > this and upload binaries. Rather I'd propose to allow this for all packages
> > of an architecture, which is being bootstrapped right now.
> >
> > And once it's bootstrapped, we disallow it again.
> Architectures are not the only things that gets bootstrapped.  compilers are
> another common thing, as is breaking build-dependency chains.

the proper long-term fix for that would be for wanna-build to support build
profiles. Then maintainers:

 a) will have an incentive to add build profiles to their source packages
 containing cyclic build dependencies

 b) can do source-only uploads because building the source packages in the
 right order with the right build profiles activated will break build
 dependency cycles without manual injection of pre-compiled binaries

Thanks!

cheers, josch