Re: missing -dbgsym packages on uploads by maintainer(s)

On Sat, Nov 12, 2016 at 08:51:26AM +0100, Christian Seiler wrote:
> Actually, there could be another option:
>  - by default, throw away all binary debs on uploads

/me likes.

>  - there is a special field in the .changes file (automatically
>    set by buildds) to tell dak to keep the debs
>    e.g. Keep-Binaries: yes

if the only valid usecase of binary uploads is bootstraping an arch
(which I'm not sure is the only valid use case, but I cannot come up
with another right now…), I think we shouldnt allow individual
maintainers to overwrite this and upload binaries. Rather I'd propose to
allow this for all packages of an architecture, which is being
bootstrapped right now.

And once it's bootstrapped, we disallow it again.

--
cheers,
	Holger