Re: Building qemu bootloaders for multiple architectures

On 2016-08-21 18:30, Dimitri John Ledkov wrote:
Similar story for s390x virtio qemu bootloader support code. Currently
sources are in src:qemu, should be arch:all, can be compiled with
native or s390x cross compiler.

So far we have infrastructure to declare a particular source package
to be build on particular arch, but then one needs to split that arch
bootloader code into separate package... It would be nice to declare
Arch:all packages that are Build-Arch: s390x. That way e.g. there are
multiple arch:all builds despatched to build most arch:all packages on
arch:all builder, this arch:all package on s390x, and all the arch:any
packages everywhere else.

If we have an s390x cross compiler in the archive (and we do, at least for i386 and amd64), wouldn't that be preferable? (Theoretically buildable on a wider set of platforms/machines.) Of course there's an argument where it's harder to test this, but maybe that's not even a real problem in the cases we are talking about.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern