Re: Replacing web assets with symlinks to packaged versions

On 07/09/2016 07:21 PM, Enrico Zini wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 09, 2016 at 02:06:36PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
>
>> As I understand it, your problem is that:
>>
>>  * Upstream wants the upstream tarball to contain a copy of bootstrap
>>  * Debian wants the copy of bootstrap removed from the source package
>>  * But none of our source formats can replace files with symlinks ?
>>
>> ?
>
> It turns out that Debian does not want the copy of bootstrap removed
> from the source package, and that it's ok to just replace them with
> symlinks using dh_link.
>
> That lowers massively the bar, and my level of despair.

The usual way to do things here, is to delete the files from the tree
before building the package, just to make sure that you're not using it.
But my understanding is that it's otherwise fine to just leave it there,
even though it'd be better to repack it and remove the .min.js files if
you have enough time to spare doing so.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)