Re: Next steps for gitlab.debian (Re: GitLab B.V. to host free-software GitLab for Debian project)

On 08/06/16 07:57 AM, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Jun 2016, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jun 08, 2016 at 09:47:56AM +0200, Alexander Wirt wrote:
>> for authentication, I think you should probably use the Debian SSO with
>> client certificates:
>> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianSingleSignOn
> Nope, thats http only and doesn't cover ssh. Client certificates also have
> several problems, see enricos mails for details about it.

Alioth accounts are first created on the web interface and then users
upload their SSH keys. I don't see why we wouldn't do the same with gitlab?

I can see the following:
 - DDs login with Debian SSO and upload their public key on the web inteface
 - Debian Contributors are able to create -guest a account and upload
theur public key on the web interface

--
Alexandre Viau
aviau@debian.org