Re: Next steps for gitlab.debian (Re: GitLab B.V. to host free-software GitLab for Debian project)

On Wed, 08 Jun 2016, Jonathan Dowland wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 07, 2016 at 10:25:07AM +0530, Pirate Praveen wrote:
> > Thanks for the offer. It would be great if I have more hands to help with
> > migrating git.debian.org
>
> Whoah there. Running an official Debian gitlab instance is one thing, migrating
> git.debian.org is quite another. Did I miss where there was consensus on this?
calm down, there isn't the plan to replace it soon (except for collab-maint),
which will migrate as soon as possible. For everything else: we will see. I
really hope to find a possibilty to proxy or redirect most of the git stuff
to a new hostname. For http, it is probably easy. For everything else: ideas
are welcome.

Alex