Re: Vcs-* and shared repos

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 09:19:34PM +0200, Iustin Pop wrote:
> And regarding layout: vcswatch already has code to try both
> `/debian/changelog' and `/changelog' and use either of them. Having an
> explicit layout (-l standard vs. -l native) would make this more
> explicit rather than relying on heuristics.
>
> So while I would prefer the minimum changes needed, I'm wondering
> whether explicit layout is not something that should actually be done.

I'm convinced we will need at some point to document VCS packaging
layouts in a way that allow tools to use that information
programmatically. But right now that information will not be actionable,
whereas the subdirectory already is (for debcheckout and friends).

By also considering the fact that the "-d DIR" solution does not prevent
to add a "-l" in the future, I think minimality wins here (hence my
"Yay" to your proposal in separate mail). YMMV.

Cheers.
Former Debian Project Leader . . . . . @zacchiro . . . . o o o . . . o .