Re: Vcs-* and shared repos

On 2016-05-25 09:34:43, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> My vote goes for changing nothing. IMO the extra convenience does not
> outweigh the costs of having to support all the specific layouts in all
> our infrastructure that wants to interact with the packaging git
> repositories.

I'm not sure this is specific to git, but rather to any maintainer
(team) which maintains multiple packages in a single repository.

And regarding layout: vcswatch already has code to try both
`/debian/changelog' and `/changelog' and use either of them. Having an
explicit layout (-l standard vs. -l native) would make this more
explicit rather than relying on heuristics.

So while I would prefer the minimum changes needed, I'm wondering
whether explicit layout is not something that should actually be done.

regards,
iustin