Re: Debian i386 architecture now requires a 686-class processor

On Mon, May 9, 2016, at 20:42, Niels Thykier wrote:
>  * We are too few to write the release-notes to keep track of all the
>    relevant parts for a release.
>    - HELP IS VERY WELCOME!

Can we make the entry barier to contribute text lower? I see several
options as:

1. Use some (argh non-free)  collaborative editing tool like Google Docs
to accept changes, that would lower the barier even for non-DDs

2. Split the document into chapters and edit it in MarkDown (or RST)

3. Use Debian wiki to edit the document?

4. ...your idea goes here...

> > So the remaing purpose is to ridicule those who dare to report a
> > problem that was actually mentioned.
>
> I appreciate it was (hopefully) not your intention.  But with that
> remark you make me feel like I have wasted my time and effort trying to
> the write the Jessie release notes.

You did not waste the time. I think that the release notes are useful,
especially chapter 5 and I am going to contribute texts for PHP and
Courier IMAP at least.

Cheers,
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org>