Re: Popular packages in Ubuntu that is missing in Debian/main

Quoting Petter Reinholdtsen (2016-04-26 14:05:44)

> A while back, I made a list of popular packages in Ubuntu that were
> missing in Debian/main.  Just for fun, I created the list again today.
> It look at all packages with more than 5000 votes in the Ubuntu
> popularity contest results, and compare the packages to Debian main.

Interesting.

Here's the list, stripped of...

  * libraries
  * packages ending in -common
  * kernels available in different version
  * firmware available under different name
  * contrib/non-free stuff
  * english locale data embedded in regular package

  appmenu-gtk appmenu-gtk3 apport busybox-initramfs
  compiz-plugins-default compiz-plugins-main-default
  gconf-service-backend geoclue-ubuntu-geoip gir1.2-unity-5.0
  gnome-icon-theme-full humanity-icon-theme
  indicator-appmenu indicator-datetime indicator-power
  indicator-printers indicator-sound initramfs-tools-bin
  kerneloops-daemon
  liblaunchpad-integration-3.0-1
  libreoffice-style-human
  nux-tools oneconf
  plymouth-label plymouth-theme-ubuntu-logo plymouth-theme-ubuntu-text
  python3-update-manager python-apport python-piston-mini-client
  python-problem-report python-ubuntuone-client
  python-ubuntuone-control-panel python-ubuntuone-storageprotocol
  python-ubuntu-sso-client python-xkit rhythmbox-mozilla
  rhythmbox-ubuntuone screen-resolution-extra session-migration
  signon-ui software-center-aptdaemon-plugins
  system-config-printer-common system-config-printer-gnome
  systemd-services telepathy-indicator
  ubuntu-extras-keyring ubuntu-keyring
  ubuntuone-client ubuntuone-client-gnome ubuntuone-couch
  ubuntuone-installer ubuntu-release-upgrader-core ubuntu-sso-client
  ubuntu-system-service unity unity-greeter unity-lens-applications
  unity-lens-files unity-lens-music unity-lens-video
  unity-scope-musicstores unity-scope-video-remote unity-services
  unity-settings-daemon ureadahead whoopsie wine1.6 wine1.6-i386
  xdiagnose

List could probably be cleaned even more by identifying and listing only
main package of things tightly related - e.g. for apport, ubuntuone,
ubuntu-sso, plymouth.

 - Jonas