Re: Popular packages in Ubuntu that is missing in Debian/main

On Tue, 2016-04-26 at 14:40 +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> Quoting Petter Reinholdtsen (2016-04-26 14:05:44)
> >

> > A while back, I made a list of popular packages in Ubuntu that were
> > missing in Debian/main.  Just for fun, I created the list again
> > today.
> > It look at all packages with more than 5000 votes in the Ubuntu
> > popularity contest results, and compare the packages to Debian
> > main.
> Interesting.
>
> Here's the list, stripped of...
>
>   * libraries
>   * packages ending in -common
>   * kernels available in different version
>   * firmware available under different name
>   * contrib/non-free stuff
>   * english locale data embedded in regular package
[...]

Please map these back to *source* packages and then compare with source
packages in Debian.

Then you would see that, for example, busybox-initramfs is not really
missing from Debian (it's an extra binary built from busybox, while in
Debian the regular busybox binary package provides binaries for the
initramfs).

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings